God's beautiful creation

God's beautiful creation

Friday, February 8, 2013

Cast-less

Out of hospital, back home. I still can't believe that 7 weeks have gone by and the cast is off and they cut the cast in half so we can still use it as a splint which was really needed. Celina feels very insecure without anything around her legs. Due to the released muscles the knees and legs are a bit wobbly. And Wednesday and Thursday I gave her more painkillers. Today we are back to 2 a day and I hope by next week we can go down more.
I am so happy that cast is off.
And guess what the search is over. I found the splint. They were actually at Lini's school. Well, I am just happy that we found them and they still fit like a glove. It makes such a difference. Since the cast is off its like the security of the cast was gone and a lot of anticipation of pain came up. So now the splints give her back the security and then 2-3 times a day I take them off and do some leg exercises.
And then also the arm splints must come on twice a day to get the arms straight again. The OT did a brilliant job today with Celina's left arm. It is as good as straight and also the turning of her hand is much better. Wow now its going forward but it also looks like there is lots of work for me every day.

Dadedada. Here are now the long lost splints worth R 6300. I am so happy that they appeared again.

Thank You Lord.

2 comments:

  1. So great that the casts are off and you can move forward

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Celina looks great and so happy!

    ReplyDelete