God's beautiful creation

God's beautiful creation

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Getting closer

Just over a week till surgery.  I'll get more details this coming week from the doctors. I am having that very same feeling like I had before the hip op. Its like just want to get it behind me. I think the surgery time will be the worst again. Bringing her  to theatre and then having to leave and waiting for 2 hours not knowing a thing that is going on. That kills the nerves. With the hip op I had Hayley. She came to the hospital and stayed with me until I got the sms from he anaesthetist(who by the way gave me via sms an update almost hourly)that they are done and to come to the theatre. I think I need someone like that again. Just to stay with me and keep my brain occupied to keep any negative thoughts away. I know there will be many people praying and I am very thankful for that. And it just so happens that Clint has really stupid shifts in that week and is just off on Friday.  Anyway I'll give him updates via what's app.

Celina is doing well at the moment and we pray this will stay so.  The devil is already greatly trying us but loosing the battle. About 2 weeks ago Clint was robbed at knife point on his way home from work. Both his phones and his gold necklace were stolen and last Friday when I was driving to work the car breaks failed while I was driving a downhill road towards a busy main road in morning traffic. Only God knows how I got out of that one alive. No scratch on me neither the car. I got past a busy crossing and at least 10 cars coming from either side. The angels must have been really busy all over around me getting me around all the cars save and sound. My hubby calls me now Schumi. I thank the Lord for both our lives.

And then there is still the liquid food journey. I am doing the 3-4 liters now in record time and with nearly no stress anymore. The only thing  that's  a little stressy is the provision of the ingredients. I did a calculation and with making the coconut milk and the rice milk myself we are coming on about R1400-1500 a month. Which is much less then the Peptamen. Thank the Lord. Still, its the middle of the month and the finances have reached their end again and we will need some help. My supply of liquid food will be finish by Monday(tomorrow) lunchtime.  I will need a R 300 by early morning and another R300 latest by the end of the week to prepare for hospital and get everything done before Monday. On the left you find the donation account and also a list of foods needed for the liquid feeds for those who feel they would like to help. Thank you. Then it will be packing and getting ready and most probably admission on Tuesday.

And I need a lift to the shop cause the breaks are still not working and no money to fix them. Anybody know a mechanic???? Just asking.

Back to Celina. She is coping well with the liquid feeds and gets 2 small oral feeds to keep her mouth going. And a little oral water too. This goes very well. I am now also doing an hour of stretching her body and limbs every day. This  is helping amazingly to keep her body a little looser. The only thing that is still not like it is supposed to be is the stool story. She is still struggling. Besides the laxative she is getting daily I have to give her something every 3 days to get it out. The laxative just keeps it soft. 

The bone density scan we did still at hospital came back with the report saying: severe osteoporosis and fracture risk. 

And then there was still the EEG result which wasn't too good either. They say she has ongoing seizure activity. Some we see and others that last 10 seconds are continuous and just happening in the brain and have no outward signs yet may cause that her brain has no chance to develop properly. That will be also still discussed and we will decide if we will try her on an anti convulsant. For the surgery and there after she will be getting one for sure for some time. All medications have to be reviewed after the bone growth is finished. 

Yes I know this might not sound too great but my God got the last report. We got told about the osteopenia since 2010 and she is doing fine and seizures, well, she also had those most of the time here and there. With having been not well for a while this might just disappear again once her digestive system and jaw is sorted out. For now this is not a main focus. As long as Celina is not in pain and a happy chappy nothing to worry too much about. Loving her and making her life as comfortable as possible is most important.

Please keep praying for us. 

Thank you Lord for carrying us through this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment