God's beautiful creation

God's beautiful creation

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas day

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at Ma's house and I was back at the hospital just before 11pm. Lini and I were sleeping late this morning. She was awake just about 1pm and I tried to feed her but just got in about 5 teaspoons with a lot of patients. I ask the doctor why Celina is still so sleepy a week after the op and we decided to try and leave the one painkiller away. Just give it if she needs it, if she starts moaning. By now she missed a dose already and is doing well. We also lifted her up to check the back to make sure there are no bedsores. And there I saw that actually the whole right side almost up to the armpit is bruised. Otherwise the back looks good. And the most amazing thing was that she took the lifting very well today. No pulling of her face in pain.
Clint arrived at past 1 pm with our lunch and we took a blanket and had a picnic in the hospital garden.
 
 
And we had a surprise visitor, an old friend of Client. It was really nice to have a visitor and chat a little.
 
Later around 6 pm Celina was a little more awake and I tried to feed her again and this time with success. She ate a nice portion and had a little water.
 
Brushing teeth and washing face and hands......... ready for the night. Holding little dude in her hands she fell asleep.
I hold my little dude tight.

I am exhausted.
Tomorrow Dr Lund is going to be back and we will see how we will go on.
Well done Celina a good day.
Thank You Lord for carrying Celina on this journey, keeping her pain free. Thank You for surrounding us with amazing people looking after Celina.
Thank You Lord for a good day.

1 comment: